Sunday, December 02, 2007

Update

Hello....

I just wanted to get on and let you all know whats going on. Tomorrow I will be 10 weeks.I have been feeling great. A little nauseous, a litle gassy (lol), a lot bloated. I haven't been able to wear my regular jeans since the day I found out I was pregnant. But, I'm not big enough for maternity. So, sweat pants it is.

I go on December 18 for a triple screen. They do that instead of an amnio now. It's safer and they can diagnose serious disease. Since I am so old (cough cough) I should do it. Plus, it will be a chance for an ultrasound...so..that will be cool.

Other news...GROSS ALERT! My nephews dog had puppies again. He better get her fixed, thats all I'm saying. Last time she had 12 and 11 lived. This time she has 13 and 12 lived. I was there for the dead one. It was in the birth canal too long. She pushed and pushed and when it came out she bit the sack, ate it , licked the puppy, licked its umbilical cord all the way off, then tried to swallow the whole puppy. I think she knew it wasn't going to make it. I took the puppy and rubbed it to get the mucous out and it was coming out and then I looked at its belly and its intestines had come out of where the umbilical cord should have been. It was pretty nasty.

Well, I will update everyone as soon as something fun and exciting happens.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

So you are going to have a first trimester screening ultrasounds basically, and no it doesn't replace the amnio unfortunately, just lets you know whether there is a risk. It's a great test though. Let me know how it goes.