Monday, August 20, 2007

wow

well....I haven't been here for awhile. Sorry about that.

whats new? nothing much here. Its raining like crazy!!! we have gotten almost 3 inches in the past 24 hours.

anyone make it to any good Lep shows? I did 2..and I said I wanted front row in the corner between the runway and the stage....and I made it!! whoo hoo!! I also got a drum stick from REO Speedwagon, Styx picks, and some Lep sweat! yay!!

We went to a Scrappers game and stayed for a concert after. That was fun...they kinda were screamo....and I was in front of the screamer.....

my nephew and his wife adopted a baby girl. How wonderful is that? They are the type of people who were made to be parents. They have tried and tried. Had several miscarrages , and finally found the baby that was meant for them. Pray the birth parents don't change their minds. The Dad was in prison for domestic violence against the Mom while she was pregnant and he just got out and said he may want the baby. She doesn't...but he does.

This Saturday is the 1 year anniversary of Nick passing away. Take a second and think of how great you have it. If you have kids who are healthy...or if YOU are healthy...or your partner...who anyone.

OH...and September 24th is St. Jude Chili's Day again. ALL PROFITS made that day go to St. Jude. Go eat and donate at the same time!!!!

OK...I'm going to watch it rain....Talk to you all later!!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Glad to see you back dear. I can't believe it's been a year already. That event is a great idea and a wonderful way for people to donate to a great cause.

So, did you bottle up any sweat? LOL!

Melanie said...

Sorry, didn't mean to hit publish just yet. I wanted to tell you that I will keep my fingers crossed that your niece gets to keep the baby. It sounds like she would be much better off without her sperm donor.

Connie said...

Thanks Melanie..I think once the "sperm donor" realizes he will have to pay back the 30,000 in medical bills and fees and everything my nephew and his wife paid...he will change is mind.

Thanks though!

Melanie said...

I think he will too.

Jeremy Ryan said...

Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year. Glad that Chili's is having the event again!

Hope that you are enjoying the nice extra long weekend!

Take care - :)