Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sweet Sixteen

Today, December 19 2007, is my dear sweet girl's 16th birthday. I was at the store reading the cards and I was bawling my eyes out. She is 16...can you believe it? 2 more years and she will be leaving and we will start a whole new chapter of our lives that, to be honest, I'm not ready for. I don't want my kids to leave. I want them here, with me, forever. I can fully understand how and why parents let their adult children live with them for free.

My dr.s appt went well. Of course the Dr. barely spoke English. He was greek I think. He says the test I had was to see if I had an elevated chance of haing a baby with birth defects. If the chance is elevated then they will recommend the amnio. I don't have to do the amnio, but if I want, I can. The measurements seemed to all be good.(Melanie..it was 1.5 if you know what that means.) The ultrasound lady said they all seemed really good. Then they asked if I would help them demo a new ultrasound machine. The baby was in a good position and so I agreed. I got a ton of pictures. I must say that now my belly hurts though. She pushed so hard on it. The pics from the first ultrasound were better, so I don't know what the big deal was....Anyway, this dr. was a high risk one. I have to go back in 2 months just to recheck everything. I don't think I will be high risk but because of my age they consider me that. I also went to my regular OB and he said everything looks good. I haven't gained at all. The baby's heartbeat was 157...nice and strong.

ok...I believe I am going to go to bed. I'm tired.....talk to you all later : )

2 comments:

Melanie said...

The measurement is good Connie. We are looking for it to be under 3. Of course, it is a combination test with the blood work too. Happy Birthday to Jennifer. Another milestone. My oldest will be 18 in February. Geesh!!

Connie said...

They called and said everything was good. I should have gotten the measurements so I could tell you.