Tuesday, January 29, 2008

here I am...

Hey guys...

There's nothing much going on here lately. I'm pregnant, 38, overweight and thats about it. lol..those things put together make one a little crazy. I certainly didn't feel this way when I was pregnant with the other 2. But then again, I was in my early 20's. I worked, and I felt great.

Nowadays, I'm lucky to get off of the couch. The last 3 or 4 days have been better though. I have gotten my appetite back and I haven't slept 18 hours out of the day (just 16..lol). I haven't gained any weight yet. I actually lost a pound last week at the dr. He never said a word about it. He made me do the Glucose test...for those not in the know, you have to drink a glass of sugary, and I mean SUGARY, syrupy liquid. They try and disguise it in orange or cola flavor. It's enough to make you puke...and I almost did. Anyway, you drink it and wait an hour and they draw your blood to see how your body deals with the sugar. They also did the AFP test. That checks to see if your baby has Downs or Spina Bifida. They have been known to be wrong so I really shouldn't have had that one done. I called today to get the results of those tests and they haven't got them in yet. Um...why?

I have been feeling the baby moving around in there. I can't wait for other people to feel it too. The kids will probably be grossed out. But...its cool. Its the weirdest/coolest/beautifulest (is that a word?) feeling in the world. I am so greatful that I am in a position at this point in my life that I can stay home and enjoy this pregnancy. I couldn't imagine having to go to work everyday...I'd be so tired. I have the utmost respect for you ladies that do it at this age.

Well....I am going to go to bed soon...I have rambled on enough for one day. I go for my next sonogram on Feb. 12 at the high risk dr. I believe I will be released from him if that looks good. I go to my reg. OB on Feb. 19 (I think).

Goodnight and be good... : )

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Sounds like everything is progressing on track. I hope you pass your glucola test since you have to do a three hour if you flunk it. Geesh! Are you going to find out what you are having or leave it a surprise?

Connie said...

lol..It's going to be a surprise. And I think I want Jim (the hubby) to say what it is in the delivery room, not the dr.

Melanie said...

I think it's better to be a surprise. I did the first one as a surprise and found out with the second one and I liked not knowing better. Besides those DL onesies will work for either, lol!

Connie said...

Great....I got a spam comment....buttholes